Do you regularly tow a trailer or other vehicle?
Ensure that your tow vehicle and trailer or other vehicle are correctly set-up, level and balanced before heading off, and that you are proficient in the following:
- Safety and towing regulations
- Pre and post trip inspections
- Trailer weight and dimensions
- Types of hitches
- Loads and loading
- Driving, handling and braking techniques
- Turning, reversing and parking using guides and mirrors
- Reversing is easier than you think, provided you do it slowly and take your time
Application of the course:
This course covers the competence required to drive and manoeuvre a trailer and includes identification and confirmation of work requirement, preparation for work, safe driving, manoeuvring and parking trailer, disconnecting the trailer from the tow vehicle and completion of work finalisation processes, including clean-up and documentation.
The work requires individuals to demonstrate judgement and problem-solving skills in managing their own work activities and contributing to a productive team environment.
- Unit included
TLIB2008A Carry Out Inspection of Trailers
SITTHPR303A Tow and Site a Recreational Vehicle Safely
Optional additional units $40 each
AURT337119A Drive and Manoeuvre Trailer(s)
MSARVG201A Tow a Recreational Vehicle Safely